Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Christmas falling star....




I was invited to be the 'star' on our Christmas Tree in the Burrow in George Street. I was a bit nervous....wombats don't climb you see and we can suffer vertiggles if we end up high off the ground.... a sort of wombat form of vertigo. However, I really wanted to do the job...so I got up there. I just had to tell you about what happened to me that was reported by a team mate to the Wombat News Flash:

This morning, Wazza took a tumble from the top of the Christmas tree, and I am happy to report he suffered no serious injury! Wazza's fascinator saved him (I have to explain that...I do like to dress up a bit...and my cousin Wilma, who came down for Melbourne Cup and now lives in the George Street Burrow wore it for Melbourne Cup....and I do like red).

When interviewed, Wazza said, "It all happened so quickly ...I don't remember the fall at all. Thank goodness my red fascinator hooked onto the purple tinsel garland. It saved my life."

An Emergency Services representative at the scene reported: "A wombat on top of a pine tree, wearing a fascinator, hanging upside down from some tinsel...I've never seen anything like it in my life! This is a timely reminded that fascinators can save lives."

Wazza was shaken by the experience, but like a true trooper that he is, he just got right back on top of the tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment